Saturday, July 31, 2010

Enjoy the Last Day of National Ice Cream Month

Today is the last day of National Ice Cream Month -- we've enjoyed it thoroughly but we are ready to take a break from daily posts for a bit -- though we'll still post often. This month always reminds us of how many awesome ice cream related things there are to post about. So we'll keep 'em coming and please feel free to send us anything you think is blog-worthy as well!

It was a big month, full of contests, recipes, events, and even our 300th post! (We got some great feedback which I'll share soon, as well as picked the winners from our drawing, but I just realized I can't post the winners names because I only have their email addresses -- but congrats to our winners!)

I am keeping this short because today is a special day for me...my golden birthday...thirty-one on the thirty-first. While my friend Karla (who first told me about "golden birthdays") wanted to celebrate her golden birthday by being on Deal or No Deal, I am off to celebrate in a simpler way -- with cake and ice cream -- perfection!

Thanks to Anisha Palmer for the yummy photo above.


[Scoopalicious is celebrating National Ice Cream month with a Post-A-Day throughout the month of July!]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! And what is the name of that delicious dark looking ice cream in the photo????
Please post the recipe!!!
Leslie

Unknown said...

Thanks much for the birthday wishes!

Ok, so, um, I don't think you'll like the recipe, though it does look yum, doesn't it? It's fake ice cream made with crisco -- I posted the recipe some time back (http://scoopalicious.blogspot.com/2008/03/counterfeit-ice-cream.html) -- I added cocoa powder this time. My friend Anisha wants to do more food photography so we were playing around with food styling. Sorry it looks so good but you can't eat it, Leslie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails