Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dovebar Ice Cream Miniatures

A while back I posted about some treats from Dove. Dove was holding a contest and asked our readers to vote and in turn, we were able to offer some coupons for Dovebar Ice Cream Miniatures. 

I hadn't tried them when I wrote about them, but as I was writing about them, I started craving them. Can you crave something you have yet to try? Well, either way, I wanted them. Next time I was at the store, I bought them. And on the car ride home, I ate them. And I don't want to admit how many I ate. 

Instead, I'll tell you that I put the remaining in the chest freezer downstairs (it's a little less tempting) and I trek down there once in a while when I am having an ice cream/chocolate/sweet craving and take just one (ok, sometimes two) bring it upstairs and indulge in a 70 calorie (or 14o calorie) treat. It's perfect. Guilt free. And no Splenda or Sucralose or whatever-that-is yucky aftertaste which you get in a lot of lo-cal treats. Just a nice, healthy, feed-my-craving, size that happens to work out to 70 calories.

Funny, though Dove has a variety of packages of these treats, the picture above (which our PR friends sent) happens to actually the one I bought. 

The combo is perfect: a smooth vanilla ice cream enrobed in Dove milk chocolate (complete with the little inspirational sayings you usually find INSIDE a Dove chocolate wrapper, but this time on the outside of your mini ice cream wrapper). I know this description is pretty vague, but this is one of those things you really must enjoy for yourself. 

I haven't quite figured out how (or maybe I haven't paused long enough to check) which package holds the chocolate chip filled ones, but either way, the surprise is a nice one when you open the package and find chocolate ribbons dribbled across the top and you know you are going to have some mini chips in the ice cream of that particular bar. 

Anyway, it's 8:53AM as I write this post and I am tempted to go down and grab one from the freezer, but maybe I'll be good and wait at least until 9...



[Scoopalicious is celebrating National Ice Cream month with a Post-A-Day throughout the month of July!]

2 comments:

Katwoman said...

You have perfectly described my obsession with these. Unfortunately in San Diego there is only the vanilla and chocolate ice cream variety pack. I’m trying to order the chocolate chip ones which aren’t on Amazon. Several years ago they made the minis in milk chocolate covered vanilla ice cream with cherries (called Chicago Cherry) which was incredible but haven’t been able to find those at all. 😿

Anonymous said...

yeezy
bape outlet
fear of god outlet
off white hoodie outlet
jordan shoes
kyrie shoes
jordan
nike off white
yeezy boost 350 v2
bape hoodie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails