Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Zagat's Rates Frozen Treats...what do you think?

ZAGAT’S TOP ICE CREAM/CUSTARD SHOPS
1. Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops [WINNER]
2. Rita's
3. Culver's Frozen Custard
4. Baskin-Robbins
5. Carvel





Scoopalicious analysis: Of course Ben & Jerry's tops the list....awesome ice cream, awesome attitude, awesome style. Only downside I see is its a little more expensive and let's face it they don't offer the largest scoops but it is well worth the price. My fave...Phish Food. So their other picks are tough cause I think this depends on where you live. And as for Carvel...well they all closed near me but you can still get the Whale cake at our local grocery store! Final thought: Although hard to find Ciao Bella rates up there and there's always the local Friendly's that is sure to please.





ZAGAT’S TOP SMOOTHIES/FROZEN YOGURT
1. Smoothie King [WINNER]
2. Jamba Juice
3. Pinkberry
4. TCBY
5. Orange Julius




Scoopalicious analysis: Where can I find me a Smoothie King in New England cause I must try before I can truly give my scoopalicious opinion? Have to be honest I am not a smoothie expert so if anyone has thoughts on these winners let us know what you think. Does TCBY still exist? And Orange Julius reminds me of my younger years....mom used to make them at home too. YUM!




ZAGAT’S BEST MILKSHAKE
1. Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops [WINNER]
2. Dairy Queen
3. McDonald's
4. Cold Stone Creamery
5. Wendy's




Scoopalicious analysis: How did the Frosty at Wendy's make #5...seriously those are so good. Is it ice cream or is it a shake cause Lord knows you get instant brain freeze trying to immediately suck it through a straw but its worth the effort! Gotta say though that these are all good contenders. I might just have to hit a drive through on my way home from work today!



[Scoopalicious is celebrating National Ice Cream month with a Post-A-Day throughout the month of July!]

3 comments:

Mike Powers said...

20 years ago I left Boston and landed in New Orleans where I settled after getting married there to a local and avid Smoothie King fanatic. My first introduction to this Original Franchise (which blazed the path for all others in the category) was through her and I can attest that there has never been anything equal to the KING! New England will soon discover what I did 20 years ago and the Smoothie King Brand will be a household favorite. The closest SK stores are in NY (RYE & Dobbs Ferry) so if you are in that area or even as far away as Korea and Egypt you have to check it out. Since the stores are all franchised, please pass the word on to anyone you may know who may be interested in blazing their own trail in one of the best untapped markets to visit www.smoothieking.com. PS... I loved the concept so much that I have been working for them for the past 10 years and I am responsible for franchising the concept worldwide! Feel free to email me @ mpowers@smoothieking.com to learn more.

Kimberly Grubb said...

So it might be off the beaten path for New Englanders, but a Smoothie King is opening its FIRST Pennsylvania store in Philadelphia on July 15 inside the food court at the Shops at Liberty Place located at 1625 Chestnut Street.

The new Smoothie King will offer shoppers over 80 delicious fruit smoothies and an array of health products, including energy bars, snacks and supplements.

The Shops at Liberty Place is an upscale retail complex located between the Liberty One and Liberty Two office towers in the heart of the Center City business district.

The Philadelphia Smoothie King will be open Monday through Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Ice Cream Forum said...

And how did McDonald's make #3? I think their milkshakes are terrible.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails