Friday, July 17, 2009

National Peach Ice Cream Day

So today is National Peach Ice Cream Day. First of all, who makes up all these holidays? We could blame Hallmark for this one, but I really don't think Hallmark has a Happy Peach Ice Cream Day card...

So anyway, I tried a Peach Pie Ice Cream Recipe that I was going to share with you but I decided against it. Here's why: I've made a lot of ice creams and am getting pretty good at it, not to toot my own horn. But every time I make peach ice cream it's bland and hard and icy. Also, I love ice cream and I love peaches. Perfect marriage, right? Wrong! To me when things are so good on their own, sometimes one just has to leave them as is. But that's just me and my justification of my failed peach ice cream attempts.

But I do have to say, if you have a good peach ice cream recipe and you want to share it, please do send it along and I will try (yet again) and make it. And even if you don't want to share, but you have a good recipe...I'll share my little secret which happened by chance:

I was lazy one day and bought a three pack of ready-made pie crusts. All the packages had two nice crusts and one crumbled one, and I needed the pie crust, so I bought them. Hating the wasted food, I baked the broken crust, crumbled it, froze it, and saved it for my peach ice cream. Even though the peach didn't turn out well I did learn that no matter what, pie crust in ice cream is yummy.

Happy Peach Ice Cream Day! For me, I'll celebrate with a ripe peach at some point, and a bowl of ice cream at another.

Peach photo courtesy of Topfer at stock.xchng.

[Scoopalicious is celebrating National Ice Cream month with a Post-A-Day throughout the month of July!]

1 comment:

Ice Cream Forum said...

Had to delay my National Peach Ice Cream Day celebration until today; I'm making both peach ice cream and chocolate ice cream with a 63% cacao chocolate tonight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails