Peach Ice Cream Day is a pretty specific holiday, but I guess it is a combo of two things at their peak -- peaches are so seasonal and have only a short window of enjoyment each year, and ice cream, while popular year round, certainly shines in the summer when it's hot out. It seems only natural that they be combined into a holiday.
In the past we've posted peach ice cream recipes (or failed to in some cases -- sorry!), but I started wondering where we can get packaged peach ice cream...I started searching some of our favorite brands...here's just a sampling...
- Ben & Jerry's: Nope. This flavor is now in the flavor graveyard. But you can find a recipe for it in Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book (Stay tuned! We'll be having a giveaway this month for a copy of that book!)
- Turkey Hill: Yep, they have a seasonal Peaches 'N Cream which seems to be available June through September!
- Breyer's: Yep. From their site: "Real juicy peach pieces mixed into creamy vanilla."
- Haagen-Daz: No.
- Edy's: Edy's has a slow churned yogurt blend in peach. Does this count for Peach Ice Cream Day? Is it a blend of yogurt and ice cream?
- Ciao Bella: Peaches 'N Cream. Not in cartons. Only in retail locations. Bummer.
- Friendly's: Nope.
- Perry's: Can't connect to their ste. Bummer.
- Schwan's: Looks like they have a fro yo. Hard to do a search.