Monday, March 17, 2008

The wonders of bacon

Coming from a household that cooks a pound of bacon weekly(I can proudly say I am not consuming it..most of the time that is!), this of course caught my attention. Candied Bacon Ice cream from our favorite ice cream maker and author, David Lebovitz, is ice cream innovation at its best but is it surpisingly scoopalicious?! It really is amazing what one can do with this oh so bad piece, but yummy, piece of pork. Who would have thought to add it to ice cream. I can't claim to have tried it yet but I do plan to make it since I have a feeling others in my home will love it. I'll be sure to share our findings but in the meantime enjoy and checkout Everything Tastes Better with Bacon for some main courses before tempting your guests with the bacon ice cream.

Have you experimented with fun and innovative additions to your ice cream? We'd love to hear about it. Let us know your crazy flavor finds.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails