This could be yours!!!! So what's the catch...all you have to do is make some ice cream with Eagle Brand's Sweetened Condensed Milk and tell us all about it to be entered to win 1 of 2 Eagle Brand Prize Packs by August 11th.
If you didn't catch our first post about this fun contest basically Eagle Brand was nice enough to send Bethany and I this awesome Ice Cream kit to try out and they were even nicer to be offering the same thing to you. So in the next week get yourself some Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk and take a shot at making some ice cream and you could have this all to yourself too. (Prize pack includes but could vary: insulated picnic basket, popsicle molds, Pint coozie, ice cream scoop, insulated container, Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, hot fudge, Magic Shell topping, ice cream topping, Walmart gift card for more Sweetened condensed milk, and I hope I didn't forget anything..its great!)
Here are the guidelines...
- Go to Eagle Brand and look over the ice cream recipes to use as inspiration. Get inspired and make up (and test) your own recipe! You can make straight up ice cream or an ice cream dessert, but it MUST use Eagle Brand Condensed Milk. It's preferred that you make this without an ice cream maker so we can appeal to the masses, but you can use your ice cream maker if you must (I did, Bethany didn't).
- Blog about your recipe and be sure to include a picture of the finished product! Send us the link to your recipe. If you don't have a blog, send us a write up and picture and we'll get your recipe up for our readers to see.
- Enter by Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 11:59PM EST
- We'll have a readers vote the following week and the top two winners will win the prize pack from Eagle.
- PLEASE NOTE: We can only ship prizes within the US due to high shipping costs and coupon restrictions! If you fill out the survey and DO win but do not live in the US, you can opt to have your prize mailed to someone in the states. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!
My Eagle Brand Recipe
It's simple. It's fun. And its a knock off from my awesome ice cream making co-blogger Bethany. So back in June Bethany had her amazing ice cream party and I dragged along my little girl who instantly wanted the "blue" ice cream which was Cotton Candy all the way. It was by far her favorite out of B's over 30 flavors so I figured this was a perfect excuse to try a go at it myself.
I must say making ice cream without eggs is so much easier and Eagle Brand's recipes are short and sweet so making the ice cream was a breeze. I think the longest part was the churning. Basically I mixed all the ingredients and put it in my ice cream maker. But then it churned, and churned, and churned, and churned for what seemed like forever and it still never got to a true soft serve consistency so I gave up and put it in my fun new Zak insulated container to put in the freezer. I have to wait til tomorrow to find out how it came out but I of course had a spoonful before I put it in the freezer and it was quite sweet..I think Holly is going to love it!
Fairy Floss Knock Off
(By Tina who made her daughter's favorite flavor from Bethany's famous ice cream party!)
- 1- 14 oz can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cotton candy flavoring
- food coloring to desired color (we used straight blue...few drops)
Directions: Combine all ingredients and freeze in your ice cream maker