Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's all about the Scoop

As Mitch Cohen, holder of the Guiness World Record for scooping the most ice cream in one minute, says..."The most difficult part about eating ice cream is getting it out of the container." He's got that right!

Most tips you'll read says to let your ice cream sit for 5-10 minutes before serving for ease of scoop and best flavor but seriously who can wait that long. So it really does come down to what tools you use to get the ice cream out of the tub. Mitch swears by The Original Zeroll Ice Cream Scoop. that's made of aluminum alloy and has a heat-conductive liquid inside that warms up from your hand and just glides through the hardest ice cream ever. What is really neat about this scoop, besides the liquid inside, is that it also comes in a variety of sizes, from 1-4 oz portions and the end cap is color coded according to its size. So you can have a kiddy cone version for your little ones and one for the adults. It'll drop you about $15-$20 and from the sounds of it is made like a tank so it'll last. One reader on Amazon says, "This ice cream scoop is really amazing. You'll feel like you're at an ice cream parlor, scooping your own nice, perfect scoop from that vat of ice cream." Now what's better than that!

Interesting thing is before I even read about what the Zeroll scoop was all about I was going to say my top pick for an ice cream scooper is Pampered Chef's Ice Cream Dipper, which come to find out is essentially the same thing. Has the same heat-conductive liquid in the middle and it seriously is a godsend. I swear by this scoop. It does have one major downfall, as does the Zeroll scoop...you CANNOT PUT IN THE DISHWASHER. I think I need to put a sign up in my kitchen for this because my husband has ruined two scoops in the past 6 months on me and I have a new one on order. Let's see how this one lasts...any bets?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails