It's time again for the Cupcake Project and Scoopalicious Ice Cream Cupcake Contest - your opportunity to showcase your amazing ice cream cupcake creations just in time for Summer!
What's an Ice Cream Cupcake?
For a brief introduction to ice cream cupcakes, check out Stef's post on ice cream cupcakes. For tons of inspiration, check out the drool-worthy entries from 2008, 2009, and 2010.
This year's winner will receive a whole library of baking cookbooks!! For the complete list of prizes, see the end of this post.
This year, we are doing things a bit differently. We've asked three of our favorite dessert bloggers to help us judge the contest. If you have not checked out these amazing blogs, now is a good time to head over there,
- Dates: You can enter any time through June 15, 2011.
- How to Enter:
- Create a recipe for ice cream cupcakes! The ice cream cupcakes must contain cake and ice cream (or frozen yogurt, gelato, or something ice cream-like). Cupcakes baked in ice cream cones without a frozen element are not eligible.
- Write a post on your blog about your creation any time prior to June 15. The post must include a photo, a recipe, and a link to both this post and the post at Cupcake Project. If you don't have a blog, you can still enter (you'll find details on the entry form), but why not start one?
- Post a photo of your cupcake to the Cupcake Project Facebook Wall. Please upload as large a photo as possible so that we can be sure to best showcase it in the roundup post. Please include the title of your cupcake and a link to your post in the photo caption.
- Complete the entry form.
- Number of Entries per Person: Sorry, we are allowing just one entry per person this year - so make it count!
- International Entrants: International readers are welcome to enter, but prizes can not be shipped internationally. You will win bragging rights and you will have the opportunity to gift your prizes to any person or organization in the United States.
The winner will be announced by July 1 and will receive an amazing collection of dessert cookbooks from some of our favorite authors!
From author Krystina Castella:
From authors Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough:
From Nicole Weston, author and contest judge:
From Jessie Oleson, author and contest judge (to be delivered upon book release):
From Emma Hand, creator of Snap Stories and designer of our amazing new Ice Cream Cupcake Contest logo:
(I admit, this last book isn't a cookbook, but baking is definitely a Big Adventure!)
HUGE HUGE thanks to our judges and to all of the authors that provided prizes for this event!
Happy baking, and start making some room on your bookshelf (you've got to be an optimist, right?)!