Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pumpkin Ice Cream Review ~ Whole Foods




Yippee for Pumpkin Ice Cream....omg I am in love with all things Pumpkin. I am not sure if tis a New England thing but October and November hits and if it comes in a Pumpkin flavor I am all over it so when Erin at OrganicWorks asked about us checking out Whole Food's new seasonal ice cream flavors I was so hoping one was my all time fave, Pumpkin....yum! And guess what, it was! (the other was Peppermint which we'll be breaking into once holiday time hits!)


First things first. Since I am an art director by day I have to make note of the fabulous packaging of this ice cream. I absolutely love the colors, the simplicity of the typography and the graphic pattern. What's not to love and I haven't even opened it up.


On to the ice cream. I can't really say I am a Pumpkin expert but I tell you I have had four different kinds of Pumpkin ice cream this season so I have something to compare them all to. So my first reaction is wow what incredible  flavor. This one has the strongest pumpkin flavor out of all of them followed up by the subtleness of ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Not too much spice and plenty of pumpkin whereas some sometimes have more spice than Pumpkin. If you look closely at my photo you can see flecks of pumpkin and spices. On texture, its not the creamiest of all the ones I tried but it is very smooth and absolutely nothing to complain about.


Oh and the bonus is is that this ice cream which is Whole Food's 365 Everyday Value line of products has no gluten products, is vegetarian and is made from milk from cows not treated with rBGH. So its not only just good..its good for all. Actually calorie wise its not too bad either. For a half a cup it's 140 calories and 6 grams of fat somewhat comparable to light or slow churned ice creams. 


All in all this one is a keeper. Bummer is that Whole Foods isn't so easy for me to go to but how much can I eat in one season so its probably a good thing.  But I do have to say come Thanksgiving I will be one sad girl to see all the Pumpkin craziness go away so I will be savoring this one til the end.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails