There are a couple I want to share with you, but since the Strawberry Basil Sorbet just looked so pretty simmering in the pot, I thought I would share this first. Unfortunately the quality isn't great -- I was mid-process in a couple of ice creams, and the situation didn't allow for me to go find a real camera. I had to grab the closest one -- my phone (which for the record, I just had to scrape custard off of...)
It's a simple strawberry sorbet to which I added some purple and green basil leaves. I nearly used all the basil in my garden, because my garden really isn't doing well this year with all the rain.
- About 4 cups of strawberries, hulls removed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- About 10 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped (I used purple and green in this recipe, but you can use all of one color)
- Put all the ingredient in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Puree mixture in a blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture into a clean bowl, cover, and cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Churn the mixture according to manufacturer's instructions.
Post a Comment