Thursday, July 2, 2009

Guest Post: Wai Wai, Chinatown, Boston

Bethany's husband takes us to Chinatown in Boston for his favorite ice cream...

I was in Boston's Chinatown last night and realized that one of my all time favorite ice cream places EVER was one block over. The sign had changed since I last visited about a decade ago, but it's still there. Wai Wai on Oxford St:


It's below street level and the first thing you see is roasted duck, but don't let that fool you. To the left of the duck is a small ice cream case and the only flavor I've ever tried is Coconut. I never want to risk any other flavor just because the Coconut is so singularly awesome.

Bethany would use fancier words to describe this, but it super soft, very coconutty, and I noticed a few small ice chunks in it. Whatever is in this ice cream, they should keep doing it, and I'll keep stepping in whenever I can.

[Scoopalicious is celebrating National Ice Cream month with a Post-A-Day throughout the month of July!]

2 comments:

Ashley Remignanti said...

We all know that Bethany's husband has great taste... YUM! COCONUT ICE CREAM! I could go for the duck too, but maybe that's just my pregnancy talking. :)

madison said...

I'll have to try out the coconut flavor! Next time you're at Wai Wai, drop by as you're in my neck of the woods! You and B -- and Tina -- are always welcome!

--April

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails